Exiles
This forum will now be transferred to another site. Please set your membership there: http://bobcoalition.forumotion.com/
Exiles
This forum will now be transferred to another site. Please set your membership there: http://bobcoalition.forumotion.com/
Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exiles Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Threehills from GE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Threehills

Threehills from GE Empty
PostSubject: Threehills from GE   Threehills from GE EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:18 am

Just thought I'd come over and see how you guys do things over here, since some of you have checked out our forums.

A few people have been talking about the idea of joint forums, so just wanted to see how you guys did things here to see what we might want to include.

If anyone wants to pay us a visit, feel free to do so at http://ikgalacticempire.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=idx . Just make sure that you choose the proper alliance when registering.
Back to top Go down
HiDDeN-NiNjA
HiDDeN-NiNjA

Awards

Threehills from GE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threehills from GE   Threehills from GE EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:19 pm

hmm...joint forums? that would work, if we had one for the BOB coalition completely...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiswebsitedoesntexist.com
Threehills

Threehills from GE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threehills from GE   Threehills from GE EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:19 am

Yes, the problem with the BOB forums that exist now, is that it is separate from everyone's individual forums. We need to merge these all into one. The idea as I expressed it to Kino of TPD earlier...

Quote :
I have started to work already on the idea of a common forum. The BoB forums exists now, but expecting people to go to a second site to stay on top of conversation is doomed to failure. Inter-allaince communication must be woven into the daily communication conversations of each alliances members. Not just the leaders either but all members. The men must get to know one another as well. Friendships must be initiated, for when it does come time for battle, one is much more likely to rally to the banner of a friend than a stranger.

If you wish, I invite you to view our forums.
http://ikgalacticempire.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=idx

If you register, for now, do so as a TmR-X member. Likewise, I'd like to visit your forums and see how you use them.

Ideally, merging the three alliances into one forum would be best. I have been playing around with this idea and each alliance should be able to bring their own "flavour" to it. There can be custom skins, banners, ranks, private forums for leaders, private forums for just alliance members and also common forums for all the coalition. Members can maintain their post counts and reputations (I know how people fiercely guard their post counts). We may even be able to port the content of all the old posts as well.

Let me know your thoughts about the fourms, and ideally if I could take a look at yours (restricted access is fine),

Best,
TH
Back to top Go down
Threehills

Threehills from GE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threehills from GE   Threehills from GE EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 3:42 am

More discourse based on comments from some of the TmR-X guys.... feel free to join in...

http://ikgalacticempire.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=1498&st=20&#entry18329

From Badboy69 of TmR-X
Sure, it'll encourage communication between the BoB members, but there are a few problems that would have to be addressed before I get behind this.
1) I don't know about you guys, but it took us quite a lot of time and trouble to get everyone on the forums, and we still don't have everyone (I think). So moving three alliances, or maybe even four if you guys choose to create a new forum for this and abandon this one, would be a lot of work and frustration, and I'm not really sure it'd be worth it, since most of the people registered on our forums don't post anyway.

2) Admin status... I want it. I don't use it for much, and I don't tamper with the stuff I don't know, but I do use it, and I don't want to be a super mod or even a limited admin under another alliance. This is one of the few situations where I whip my e-penis out and demand that it be colossal. The only account with more power should be the forum creator, and that'd only be because I can't ban him
I also don't want to be unable to see parts of my forum, I'm not going to betray GE, and nor is anyone else in a leadership position in the BoB Coalition, so the inability to see the DOI forum (whatever it may contain) would bother, irk, and irritate me. As petty as it may be, this one is a big one for me, and I would probably not support the idea unless I can get an answer that I like.

3) The second part of no. 2 being said, a certain amount of independence is necessary. I may be wrong, but I think most regular members wouldn't really like being under the control or all-seeing-eye of another alliance's leaders/admins, even if our alliances are very close.

Response....

1. Each alliance will have full admin rights. No worries there. So long as people don't fuck with the structure of the forum and all the coding behind the scenes. (There is a lot, our board wrappers have gotten pretty huge).

2. Each alliance will be allowed to bring its own "flavor". You can create skins for your own alliance so it looks the way you want it to for you and your members.

3. I feel each alliance should have the right to a private area that only the leadership of each alliance has access to via password. I am sure there are things you guys want to talk about at some point that you don't want or need us to read about, even as an admin. Even if there is nothing to betray. Sometimes there is some guy in our alliance that is just acting like a dueche bag and we want to discuss behind closed doors what to do about him.

I look at it this way. The forum will serve as a three bedroom apartment with a common area that everyone can hang out in. You don't want me barging into your room while your stroking that massive e-peen of yours do you? I certainly don't want to see it. But, we can discuss this point.

4. I agree that its a hassle to get people on the forums. Its an even bigger hassel however to try to maintain an open line of communication with several different alliances when you have to do it through in game circulars to one person at a time.

But we have been sucessful at getting people on here. Our post count on this forum is 18,000. Thats a shit load of posts. Had 20,000 on our old version. We find that if we band pointless in game circulars, people will tend to use the forums a LOT more.

5. Your point about members not liking the all seeing eye... I can set this up so that there are checks and balances. Our forums create a "click log". If one of us is peeking at your forums through nefarious admin abilities, you and all your members will be able to see it. You can't get around this, even I as the forum owner have all my clicks logged. Check it out at the bottom of the main page. It kinda helps keep people honest.
Back to top Go down
hihihi

Threehills from GE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threehills from GE   Threehills from GE EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 am

good idea, yeh right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Threehills from GE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threehills from GE   Threehills from GE Empty

Back to top Go down

Threehills from GE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exiles :: External Relations Management :: Non Members-
Jump to: